Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

School is now in session!


I just finished 2 days of Sheep Shearing School in Westminster, MD. I got to shear 4 1/3 sheep while there and watched countless other shearings. I started will a sheep as big as I was... well, that's what the gentlemen on my team joked when they brought the ewe to me. She was definately too large for me to handle at this point with my limited sheep wrasling (wrestling said with an eastern shore accent... c'mon use your imagination!) expierence so I got about 1/3 of the way into shearing her and had to stop and have the instructor finish it. The guys promised they would find a smaller one next time and they kept their word! All 4 of the ones they brought, I was able to completely shear... at least enough to get their winter wool coats off of them.


I learned so much.... and and very tired and sore!

No comments: