Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Will ye also go away? John 6:67


Two nights ago just before I was going to turn off the light to go to bed; I heard the Lord say, "John 6." I picked up my Bible and read thanking Him for giving me something instead of the, "Oh, I am so tired, I will read it in the morning." So much spoke to me but mostly when Jesus asked the twelve if they would go away also as many had went back and walked no more with him as He had asked a "hard thing" of them.
I am finding that I seek Him more fervently during the hard and troubling times and that I am loving and drawing more near to Him in the the times of need. I never would have thought I would say that this has been the best thing, that we have come to the end of any human help with regard to finances, relationships, jobs, health, etc. It has been painful yet freeing to be at a "Red Sea" place as He must do the parting as I CANNOT! Job 5: 7-9, "Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward. I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause: Which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvellous things without number. "
Why do I even write on this blog? Do I think that I might know something or that I "got it"? Sadly, I did think that at one time! Oh, contrary, I know nothing but do know who has all the answers....Jesus. Where else can one turn? John 6:68, "Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life." As the circumstances are becoming more difficult and the press is squeezing hard, and the potter's wheel keeps spinning...I will praise!Hosea 2:5, "And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor (which means trouble) for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth." He has given us the door of trouble and the test is to sing at that time. Again, I don't "got it" but am leaning that way and it goes against flesh to sing at the trouble!
Anything that is being taken away or voluntarily given for Him is worth it. Yes, there may be some pain with the departure of those things but I find this comforting, Mark 10:29-31, "Jesus said, Assuredly, I say unto you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for my sake and the gospel's, who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time-houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions-and in the age to come, eternal life. But many who are first will be last and the last first."
Blessings, Lisa

No comments: