Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Yet Again

I will be (trying) to write the whole story behind how this trip even came about and how God has shown me His incredible love and grace through it... again and again and again.


This trip came about last year actually. My Mom had found NISM (Newlife International School of Midwifery) while researching for Christian Midwives on Google. I applied for the school's BS program, a 3 year program, back in Jan. I didn't make it in to the school so I thought I would apply next Jan. I couldn't say exactly why I felt the Lord leading me in this direction. I had a couple of guesses but nothing absolutely cut in stone.
Then the Lord opened the door for an internship. I was excited but unsure if this was the Lord... the biggest deal, for me, was funds. I just had no clue how I was going to pay for it. I knew the Lord could provide but my little human-brain couldn't figure out how He was going to do it.

While still praying about the internship I received a check in the mail from Wor-Wic ,the community college I had been attending, for almost the exact amount I needed to cover the room and board fee!
I have absolutely no idea why I received the check but am just in awe that He provided in a way I never thought possible.

How quickly I forget His awesomeness.

I spent a lot of time searching for a flight that didn't spend over 4 hours in any layover and/or wouldn't stay over night in Manila, as NISM had recommended. I was having a hard time and getting frustrated. The only flights that met that criteria were quite a bit more expensive then the ones that did have long layover and all-nighters.
Finally I laid it down, didn't search for about a week, and just wanted the Lord to take care of it.

He did... of course. Why do I doubt? Why do I only give it to Him after I am frustrated?


.....to be continued.

No comments: