Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

So much

I have learned so much while being here. From little things, like filling a syringe with PIT, checking heart tones, putting episiotomy and birth sets together to big things like administering PIT or vitamin K, actually delivering a baby and doing the newborn exam.
But I haven't only learned things in the natural or only related to midwifery. I think I have learned the most spiritually. But I haven't just learned these as head knowledge though, I have finally learned these with my heart.

I have learned that He won't make me give something up to follow Him... I have to being willing. But if I ask Him for His will, and really actually want it, I know He will help me to forsake all.

I have learned that no matter what a women in labor is feeling or no matter the language barrier, a smile really says it all.

I have learned to go beyond my comfort level in trying to speak their language and learning how to get from one place to another... He knows my weakness with directions!

I have learned that it doesn't matter what I look like to others, only what He sees matters... and believe me, He sees all!

I have learned that He really and truly loves me and wants me. Not because I have done anything to deserve it but simply because... well.. He loves me! It is simply amazing to be loved for no reason!

I have learned that there are always exceptions to the rules, in both midwifery and spiritually and the most important thing is to be led of the Spirit in all decisions.

I have learned that God always has a plan for me and if I will just stop and listen He will tell me.

I have learned that my family is a priceless treasure but that it must not become and idol for me... which is all too easy!

I have learned that there is nothing too hard for Him! Nothing!

I have learned so much more... this is just the tip of the iceberg. But one of the most important things I have learned is that He created me, every bit of me. And I am perfect in His sight. Do I fail in the natural? Yes. Am I perfect from the world's point of view? No. But to Him I am "As a lilley among thorns, so is my love among the daughters." (Ok,ok, so it really said lily.. not lilley)
That to me, is the most amazing, almost unbelievable, incredible,thing of all!

No comments: