Sophie's Granola Bars
Makes about 30 bars
4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup shredded organic unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup packed organic brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup honey
1. Preheat the oven to 325 f and grease a baking sheet with sides.
2. Combine the oats, flour, coconut, brown sugar, chocolate chips, and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, vanilla, and honey.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
5. Spread the granola mixture on a baking sheet and shape it into a 9x 13-inch rectangle that's about 1 inch thick. I put the granola mixture in cupcake liners and filled them about one inch thick and they worked fine.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden and dry to the touch.
7. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then cut into 3 x 1-inch bars using a serrated knife. These bars will remain fresh for several weeks if wrapped well.
Note: If the mixture is a little dry add some more coconut oil. Make sure that you warm the coconut oil and make it into a liquid.