Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

NATURALLY DYED EASTER EGGS


It is not too late to dye Easter eggs with natural dyes. My mom did some experimenting in the kitchen and the results turned out pretty awesome. If you want to do it, here are some of the ingredients my mom used for dyes: tumeric, cinnamon, beet root, and hibiscus. Just use a couple of tablespoons of white vinegar as a mordant to 10 ounces of hot water and add a couple tablespoons of natural dye. Let eggs sit in the cups of dye water for 3-5 minutes. Remove eggs and allow them to air dry. These hard boiled eggs are free from synthetic chemicals and are beautiful and delicious. I hope you enjoy trying natural dyes.

by Sophie Lilley
 

1 comment:

Sarah D. said...

That is really awesome! Thank you for sharing this. I think dying eggs like this with my boys next year will be a great art/science adventure!