Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

In the presence of who??

The Lord always seems to be giving me Psalm 24. "Lord, I've read this so many times... surely there can't be anything more to it." I thought. I read it anyway and something stuck-out to me that had never before. Verse 5 "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies..." In the presence of my enemies?? You set a table, a feast, for me to come and relax, to strengthen my physical body, and to spend time with You and You want me to do this in front of my enemies!!
I thought about that and I saw myself facing the many enemies of my day. My 2 jobs, daily chores, errands, appointments, and anything else that can distract me from Him. I can be so busy with "good" things that I don't have time to spend with Him. Then I guess those things aren't so good after all. In the midst of all that is going on I see the table He is preparing. He is calling me to come and give part of my day to the very One who gave me this day. Through it all I must not, I cannot, forget me quiet times with Him, for that is when it is needed the most.

As a side thought the Lord said to give Him 10% in tithes... that would be about 2 hours and 40 min. of our day. How many of us give that much time to sit at His feet, alone. I know I fall very short.
-Monika

1 comment:

Josh said...

Wow! That is sobering what you said about the 10% of our time. I know I don't spend that much time at His feet daily. It's so cool how we can always learn something new from something we think is old.